Wednesday, March 18, 2026

Like a Phoenix...


On Friday night, after the show, we went to the opening of the Kalidescope Exhibit. 


And by Saturday in the wee hours of the morning, the 5th-grade tummy bug finally caught up with us. 

Sunday came in with a new victim falling. 

Monday, the remaining two were taken down. And we got a blizzard. So that's cool. 

Here's the thing: Husband was meant to be on a business trip this week. And then they decided not to go because of the blizzard. Did we get an extra few days of fun? No. Because we were dying. 

But we are rising from the ashes as better people with a lot of clean laundry and a very clean bathroom, so... there's that. Has it been the LAMEST spring break on record? 

Yes. Yes it has. I was meant to take 3 days off to do fun things with the kids. Ha. Well... good thing it's Spring Break anyway, and we didn't miss school or even work. Convenient. 

Anyway... that's been our start to the week! 

2 comments:

  1. Convenient but still terrible - blech! You must feel a bit relieved that it's come and gone though, sometimes waiting for the next person to get it is just as agonizing. I hope you can still squeeze some fun in this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry! I remember those days, and I don't miss them! Ginger ale and crackers? 7up and toast? Take it slow, my friend. Hugs. From afar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!