Look at those two feet. This sorry sight is how you'll find me most days at 5:15ish. Past when I know Husband is on his way but he's just not home yet.
Notice the candy wrappers? Those won't be there today. Because we're out, not because I'm being noble or healthy or anything. Notice my foot reclining as well?
C is going through a pick me up all.the.time stage. And also a "you're sitting at the computer I want to TOO" stage. And usually by 5:15 I'm done and we sit like this, with a reclining baby unbuttoned onesie and all, watching YouTube until Husband walks in the door.
Yesterday the interwebs stopped working. It wasn't pretty.
I know I should spin this into something cheerful like "someday he won't want to snuggle and cuddle and sit with me all day long so I should cherish these moments." And seriously, while I understand that statement is 100% true. All I can think about is not having a mini me/stunt double.
I was going for the 2 feet as my double but stunt double works too. Would you look at that? Okay. He is demanding that he be picked up now so... I'm off. Link up with Cari. She's pretty awesome. She wrote a book. And I liked it.
That last hour before Dad gets home is tough! Ad, I think we have that exact same keyboard. :)
ReplyDeleteWell, at least he's cute! And stunt double, that's great!
ReplyDeleteI always count down the minutes in that last hour.
ReplyDeleteCutest feet on a stunt double anywhere, by the way. :-)
This picture is precious. I look at moments like those through rose-colored glasses these days, because it's so far back in my past (my boys are 20, 25, 27, 28, and 29 now!); but I do remember that it could be utterly exhausting...and sometimes bedtime didn't seem to come soon enough.
ReplyDeleteBut still...look at those little legs and feet!!!
Yes, in fact that is why I had the thought to capture the moment. Because I knew that even though I was overwhelmed--he was still sweetly just sitting with his mom. It will go fast. It already has.
DeleteYep. There may be an adult beverage consumed occasionally. Definitely was yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI bought one of those baby cages/playpen deals just for the hour when I'm trying to cook and baby is trying to climb into a 400 degree oven a la Hansel and Gretel!
ReplyDeleteOh, gosh, enjoy it now while he's not grabbing the keys...Simeon always tries to grab the keys, just like the piano!
ReplyDeleteI totally tried that stainless steel thing after cutting up garlic, and it worked!!! SO cool, thank you for telling me about it! I watch cooking shows all the time, I have never seen that!!