I can't decide if it was the most brilliant way to end it or if I am really sad about it.
Obviously, I will need to read it again and perhaps discuss it with people. Sometimes it is really hard reading quickly. I was this way after every Harry Potter release too. I'd go to the party, get my book, get home super quick, read it all that night... and then jump around and wait impatiently for my family to pass it around for the next 2 weeks before I could discuss it. By Deathly Hallows I wised up and bought 2 copies so I could at least reread it before someone else was done.
In other book news this week... well really the past month and a half. C has been just obsessed with Pouch! by David Ezra Stein.
Do you have Dolly Parton's Imagination Library in your area? It really is a sweet sweet deal. From birth to age 5 they will send you a book a month. For free. Now I love free stuff. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE free books. And the best part? They have different book lists every year, and they go by birth year. So if you have more than one child you will not get multiple copies of the same book every month. (Unless they're twins.) And the other exception is that every child gets the same first and last book. So when you're enrolled you'll get The Little Engine That Could and when you are about to phase out you will get Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come.
It is possible for other books to perhaps repeat down the line, but it's free and kids are hard on books. If I ever get 2 copies of the same book, I will hide one and keep it nice in case.
So Pouch! came in May, so even though we've had 5 books since then we are just in love with it. It is simple. It is fun. The illustrations are intricate and simple all in the same breath. I just love reading this book with C and he loves reading it with me. We act it out a little if you will. He "hops" and then comes back to his mama as we read.
My favorite part is saying "Pouch!" but tomorrow my favorite might be that on every page you can see the other animals Joey meets in the illustrations even though they become abstract and/or tiny. Friday my favorite might be the opportunity to count in a non counting book. I like bonus learning moments. So, if you don't have a 2012 birth year child or you're not enrolled in Dolly Parton's Imagination Library I highly recommend this book.
Linking up with Jessica and the group for What We're Reading Wednesday!



One fell swoop! You are so right, that is a great line. Now I'm not going to be able to stop saying it.
ReplyDelete