Friday, August 12, 2016

7QT: Hey-O! It's Friday!

one. My roof is done. I have a brand new beautiful roof. Cue the Hallelujahs!



two. C had a birthday party today. It was a "breakfast" birthday party and everyone wore pajamas. They played "Duck Duck Goose." (My Minnesotan self just shuddered at not writing Gray Duck in there..) C ate "Strawberries! And Grapes! They also had eggs but I don't like to eat eggs." That is the extent of my knowledge of the the party happenings but he had fun.


three. M and I had a girls outting to Target and she came away the big winner as a brand new owner of a Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Trolley and a new outfit. We had a very good time.



four. We had C's "home visit" with his teacher to set his goals for the upcoming school year. We set working on writing skills and making friends as his goals of the year. The friends he has already are all going to different schools next year so since we are committed to going to our Parish school I hope he makes some good friends this year. I cannot believe school is already starting so soon!! I am going to savor my last week of sleeping in and having C all to myself.

five. My favorite M words right now are "Straw-bee" (Strawberry) and "Tra-wee" (Trolley.) I may go out of my way to hear her say them. She has also finally started to attempt at C's name, and calls him "Cha Cha." He does NOT love that. ("My name is NOT Cha Cha!")  We are taking the time to explain that learning to talk is hard work and she is trying because she loves him. It's a work in progress.

six. I am currently having an affair with Hot Fudge Shakes. They are really good. Unless you don't like hot fudge in which case they aren't good at all. For our hip and cool Friday night I may send Husband out for some. Fancy up in here.

Whitey's Ice Cream, made blog-famous by the Pattons and their camp going every time they visit locally. 

seven. The Olympics. I am still a fan. Simone Manuel yesterday? I seriously cried right along with her.


5 comments:

  1. "Duck, duck, gray duck"...I so hear you. The alternative is just so blah...I mean, the other one teaches kids to be creative, use different colors, patterns (e.g., striped duck, polka dot duck, etc.)...it is clearly superior to duck, duck, goose. I could right a lot more but I won't. ;)

    Great looking roof!

    We had meet the teacher this week too. Elizabeth is going to attend 2 days of preschool this year. She was so excited!

    I am LOVING the Olympics too...except when people fall in gymnastics, that always bums me out and I feel bad for them. Simone is great (well, both of them are awesome)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A breakfast party is such a cute idea! Next week is our last week of summer vacation as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast party...genius!!

    And I remember well going out of our way to make our wee ones say words that we liked to hear them mangle, adorably. Enjoy every one of those precious syllables!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stealing the breakfast party idea!!!!!
    Yay for the roof.
    Yay for the Olympics.
    Yay for preschool.
    Just Yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Friday! It has to be nice to have the roof done and taken care of, and I love that meme; so true! So fun the way your two are interacting, even if there is a little misunderstanding going on. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!