Friday, September 30, 2016

Oh Hey There Fall!

one. So Fall decided to waltz on in this week. And I love it. We've worn jeans and coats. On Monday we had to venture into Old Navy because M had only one pair of socks! It was surprisingly hard to do. In the back by the toddler clothes, they only had single pairs of socks. And I grabbed all four pair that were her size. No seriously, they only had four pairs that were 2T/3T.

We went to the checkout area, and THAT is where the packs of socks were hiding but they still didn't have any 2T/3T. As I was checking out there was another bin and I found one pack. I don't understand how they expect people to actually buy the socks if they put stuff in the checkout lines but past registers.

two. In honor of fall, I made pumpkin bread. I made this Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread because it has all the good reviews and comes up in articles about the best pumpkin bread. And it just wasn't doing it for me. I think it had too much spice and not enough pure pumpkin flavor. The pumpkin chocolate chip muffins I made a few weeks ago were way better.

three. I had book club last night. It was the first time in the history of my involvement with this book club (5 years now!) that I have just blatantly decided not to read the book. It was a book that just didn't sound like one that I would revisit and it was kind of expensive. So I didn't buy it and never made it to the top of the list from the library. Oh well.

four. I cannot believe that we are already 21 days into preschool! I have seen such growth in C so far. In a major development writing is no longer the worst thing in the world. It is not his favorite, it will may never be his favorite, but now he can write his name in about 2 minutes which is pretty great! I cannot believe that tomorrow is OCTOBER. This month went SO fast!

five. I made the typical homemade fall-like meal of baked pork chops over rice last night. Instead of using water with the cream of chicken (I don't like cream of mushroom) I used chicken broth and it was amaze-balls. No really, such a simple, simple substitute and it made all the difference.

six. I read Liane Moriarty's new book Truly Madly Guilty. I have really enjoyed her books. What Alice Forgot was my favorite but The Husband's Secret was pretty good too. I fully anticipated loving TMG and it. was. so. hard. to. read. I still consider myself a Moriarty fan but boy howdy, I wish TMG lived up to the hype.

seven. Have you seen all the news stories about coffee shops turning into Luke's Diners to publicize the new Gilmore Girl Netflix mini-series? Well, on Wednesday there is going to be a Luke's here and I am pretty excited about it! I mean, other than the fact I don't actually like coffee. But that is not going to stop me from going. No sir.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I hate to hear that you didn't love TMG. I think I've read almost all of her books and I was looking forward to eventually getting around to TMG. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #five: noted. Will be making this soon. :)

    #seven: Never saw the Gilmore Girls first time around; should I catch the Netflix miniseries? (Or start from the beginning?!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!