Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Coffee, Big Cup and Hello!

In 2005 my friend Corey sent me a text message that said "Eating at Lukes." I saved that text message for as long as I had that phone. Then I forwarded it to my next phone. Corey was very good at keeping secrets and even though I BEGGED for him to tell me what he knew he wouldn't budge. SPOILER: Luke and Lorelai did in fact get engaged. And Corey would have known because...


That is his head directly over the cash register in the scene where Kirk sells Luke the engagement ring.

I do not need to explain to you my love for Gilmore Girls. In my heart I know that I am an honest, true fan. I am pretty sure that Amy Sherman-Palladino and I would actually be best friends. She is my spirit animal.

If you do want some knowledge of my fandom, know that I have been watching the series since it was on television. I had every season on DVD as soon as they came out. The show was and is sacred to me. Some people have birth playlists; C was born to the Gilmore Girls. (M probably would have been but we hit pause and then she came so fast.)

Well today, my friends, it was finally my turn.


A slightly different experience to be sure, but a fun one just the same. I rocked my "Super Cool Party People bid you super cool adieu" shirt and it was excellent. 

The upside here is that I don't have to keep a secret because I know nothing. Except that at 2:00 AM on November 25 I will be awake and watching Gilmore Girls. And thanks to Netflix and this promotion, I was able to use the code on the cup for 3 free months of Netflix! How generous? I was just excited about the cup and sleeve! 






1 comment:

  1. I loved Gilmore Girls! I don't know if I'll be watching it on Netflix (because I currently don't have it), but I'm excited that the story is going to continue! I hope they do it well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!