Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Happiest November

We had the best weekend. I went home. It's been a long time since we were there and I was legitimately feeling homesick. Homesickness is tricky like that, it just kind of eats away at you and once you admit it, somehow, it gets a little better.


But going home is an even better way to cure homesickness. So we did. C didn't have school for Veteran's Day which was unexpected. Our school follows our local district's calendar, and they got a new superintendant who is a Veteran so it became a day off. It made for a good weekend away.

My brother came home from college for the weekend too. It was awesome. The kids had both uncles and Grandma and Grandpa dote upon them and play hippo rescue, cars, castles, kitchen and space explorers. My mom had a coupon to use Prime Now for the first time. (I use it. I'm a fan. I can only do it at their house though because it's not available everywhere. Sad.) So she bought snacks and the game Balderdash. When my family gets together we play games. That's what we do. It was awesome!

Husband and I were able to sneak away to Ikea to buy a new kitchen table. I love Ikea. I hate how crowded it is. Minnesota Ikea is better than Chicago Ikea though. In Chicago they're all rude and grabby. Like it's a race to get items before the next guy. On Saturday, a man dropped some dishes in the check out line and the entire area got very quite and sympathetic. People went over to help. It probably wouldn't have gone like that in Chicago. Minnesota nice is not a myth is what I am saying.

Saturday night, my Grandpa came over and we had a nice Ham dinner that my dad made. Since we aren't going up for Thanksgiving, it was a nice little fake/early Thanksgiving.

On this trip we used Kids Dramamine and Sea-bands on our prone to car sickness child and I will not be taking a road trip without them anytime soon.

Sunday night after we got home and put the kids in bed we built the table and set it up.


Nothing but the fanciest of fancy placemats for us at our house! I am excited for this table for many reasons but the major three are as follows.

  1. The table does not require a tablecloth. 
  2. It is finished and can be wiped down without also wiping off stain. 
  3. It can seat all of us without taking up too much space. 

After moving the old table, I swept and mopped. But I noticed how the floor needed a really good scrub. So yesterday after music class, M and I went to the store and bought new cleaner and some fresh sponges. Then during nap I turned on Hamilton and went to town. I spent the entire two hours scrubbing. I don't know if my floor has ever been that clean. Seriously. My arms hurt this morning.


But man, it feels good to get it clean. Today I am going to magic erase the walls. And then I will be 100% happy with the state of the kitchen. (I will also have to run the dishwasher but...semantics.)

My heart is full from a good weekend and lots of fun with my family. November has been full of goodness and this weekend looks like it will fit right in the mix. It's hard to believe that November is halfway through already. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!