I went to grad school in Missouri on the Kansas City side. So a lot of my friends went crazy last year when the Royals won the world series. I went to college and live in the middle of Cubs territory and seriously my friends are beyond themselves with happiness. But seriously, can you blame them? They have been waiting for this for 108 years. That is a long time!
And the World Series has been theirs to lose since Sunday! And they stuck it out until Game 7. They made it go into an extra inning. And they won! I have been periodically turning on the games towards the end for this past week but yesterday I turned it on while my kids were still awake and it was just starting. I am so glad I did. It was probably the most interesting and dramatic game of baseball I have ever seen.
We took a selfie in the bottom of the 10th because it just seemed historical. I had been rooting for both teams throughout the game. And somewhere in the 8th inning I was totally over it and just wanted to go to sleep. Then the Indians scored and it got super exciting again.
I am pretty sure that they will make a movie out of this game someday. If the Indians had won, it would have been an easy Major League 3. But with the Cubs winning, well, you know that it will be a movie. And with the rain delay and it all tied up, that clubhouse scene is going to be beautiful. Someone is going to write a hit song that will be the song of the movie and be able to retire off of the money they will earn.
To celebrate the Cubs I am offering a personal special on the Cubs (or any MLB) warmer.
I am so glad I am tired this morning from watching that exciting game! History my friends! (And it sure beats the results of staying up late next Tuesday. Also historical. But not exhilarating or fun.)


I still can't believe the Cubbies actually won! I was excited about it. Not excited enough to spend time watching baseball, but still excited.
ReplyDelete