It's been a hot week. So we've been finding things to do to keep cool. We busted out our super fancy inflatable pool and did some backyard swimming. It was a ton of fun.
Of course we ended up with half the lawn in there too floating around, as you do.
Yesterday we went to Burger King to play in the morning. Slides and tunnels. Burning energy in the air conditioning. We were going to try out the new trampoline park this week but after reading about the little boy who broke his leg... we decided BK was a better bet.
Then after we used up some energy we went to see Despicable Me 3!
It was M's first time going to a movie theater and she did amazing. I was so impressed by here. We got there early to scope out good seats. You know, on an aisle in case we need to sneak out, up a few rows for a good view but not too high. But then there were SO MANY previews.
Going early turned out to be a good idea because there was a field trip group there and the theater was filled up pretty much, but man. We were in our seats for 45 minutes before the movie even started!! So the fact that M made it through the whole thing quiet and calm, I was really impressed.
Last night I hosted book club and we read Wonder. If you haven't read it, you should. Then go see the movie this fall. We saw a preview before Despicable Me 3 and I got a little teary so I can only imagine how I will be at the movie. Anyway, read the book!!
Because a lot of the action goes down at a school, I went for a school lunch theme. Sort've. The lunch box has baggies of pita chips for the spinach dip. Then fruit and dip and Rice Krispie Bars. In the milk crate are juice boxes, bottled waters and little cartons of orange juice. (I didn't figure anyone really wanted milk...)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!