Husband had a round robin at work today so he had to go in really early. So that meant we were all up really early. And we jumped right into it. C has been wanting to do school stuff so that's what we did. We started addition to five today, just with counting bears and papers I wrote out. He seemed to enjoy it.
We also did pattern blocks, Legos, writing numbers practice, name puzzles, reading and just play time. Then because it was raining. but not thundering or too heavily, we went outside to do some puddle jumping. It was a super muggy rain so it was fun.
After showers and lunch the real fun started. M took her rest and C and I started carrying ALL the books from his room downstairs. His room has been the landing spot for the kids books and his shelves were as messy as it could get.
I kind of had no idea how many books we were undertaking. These are them after the first sort: paperbacks, board books, nonfiction, activity books, the Harry Potters, Magic Treehouses and hardcover books which took 3 piles. This was after I weeded out the books that we will for sure be putting in Little Free Libraries around town and the ones that were so damaged or junky from the dollar store that we're just going to throw.
So after this I sorted all the piles by shape and authors where it made sense. Then started putting them back. After M woke up I started going through the books in her room. My book shelves are going to look awesome.
To cap off our excellent day we went to Red Robin for dinner. It was going to happen. Husband has been talking about his "round robin" for days and M has been mishearing it as Red Robin. So this morning she said, "Have fun at Red Robin! Have a good cheeseburger daddy!" Then talked about Red Robin all the day long. So we decided to go for it.
All in all, the best kind of busy day. Plus, clean organized book shelves. (Which will be finished tomorrow!)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!