Thursday, July 13, 2017

Let's Talk About Plates

I know what you're thinking. (If you read the name of the post that is.) Plates? Like... plate plates?

Yep.

You see, of all the household chores, the one that I absolutely just detest is the doing the dishes. Pretty much anything to do with dishes. Washing them, drying, putting away, loading or unloading the dishwasher. I am not a fan.

Which brings me to my obsession with paper plates. I even gave them up for Lent a few years back which was not a good idea. I do not think I focused on the Lent of it as much as I just counted down the days until I could use them again. But this isn't about my terrible Lent of paper plates.

It's about that Husband kind of loathes paper plates. So I am sure you can see where this is going then? I love them. He sometimes tolerates them. It's a crossroads.

I narrowed in on a bonus reason for paper plates a while back, and it was that all the plates in our house aside from the kid plates are breakable. We have our nice Pottery Barn ones from the wedding. Some smaller plates from Ikea but still porcelain. And sometimes one just doesn't want to risk broken plates. (That would be me. All the time. Unless we are having roast. Or it's a holiday.)

PLUS our kids are going through this dropping things and knocking things off the table period. I don't really understand it but we cannot get through a meal without at least a cup or a fork landing on the ground.

Basically, we needed some plates that don't break! So we started the hunt. Last night at Target we found some and not only are they the exact plates we were looking for, but they were a steal! $0.79 a plate! For both the adult plates and the kid version with separators. They match our kitchen, they are microwave and dishwasher safe... and we are happy campers. But not like actual camping because I would rather do dishes than go camping.


Pretty much, I am excited! And the moral of the story is, if you are reading this and you're a single gal or engaged,  when you create your wedding registry add some plates that don't break. It doesn't have to be a lot but there will come a time where you want to eat a snack in the living room without worrying about your future toddler knocking the plate off the coffee table and breaking it. 

I still probably won't like doing dishes. But, short term I am excited about these plates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!