We do have some fun planned for this week but mostly it is going to be a week of staying home and resting. I am a fan.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. It was sunny and in the low 50s so that was nice. M and I drove to her Godmother's house which is about 30 minutes away to drop off a gift for them because they had a baby three weeks ago. Little Reed came early as his due date is this Sunday! And I was definitely jealous because three weeks early is so far from my birthing experience that I can't even wrap my head around that completely.
But then we looped the entire QCA and hit all 4 of the major cities, visiting Husband and work and picking up C from school at the end. I was hoping M would fall asleep. She didn't. Which was too bad because we had "late night" plans. School's 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade musical Mary Poppins Jr! But my bestie Kathryn had planned to come with us so we had all sorts of contingency plans.
Ultimately what wound up happening is about halfway through, M told me she was so sleepy and wanted to go home. It was about 8:00 at that point so a half hour past her bedtime. So I took her home and C got to stay at the show with Kathryn. (She has four nieces and nephews and has a car seat.) We sat in the balcony so it would be easy to sneak out and it was. I should note here that M was VERY well-behaved at the show. The teenagers who sat behind us talked the. entire. time. and M decidedly did not.
C was wonderful. He loved every second of it and thought it was a big adventure to ride in Kathryn's car. Kind of ironic because Kathryn is his Godmother and so both of my kids saw their Godmother yesterday and I am pretty sure that has never happened.
It was a good kick-off to Spring Break. We made it!! And I shout all the Hallelujahs and Amens.


Enjoy your Spring Break!! And Happy St. Patrick's Day!
ReplyDelete