Thursday, January 10, 2019

Choose Joy

Fake it 'til you make it.

That's like a real thing. There are TED talks, and science. I am in no way suggesting that if you're not a dentist that you open a fake dental practice, but I do think that you can decide to have a good day even when every fiber of your being is not actually having a good day.

Lately, there have been quite a few, not good days. And all of it is beyond my control. Which is hard for me. I love control. I love it. But, the joke's on me because I can only control me.

But honestly, it has led for some days where I just feel not excited. There's a lack of joie de vivre sometimes. So you know what I do? I choose joy. I decide to not be gloomy.

I choose Joy.

I wear this shirt made by Brick House in the City a lot.


Embrace the chaos and choose joy. We don't have a ton of chaos in a traditional sense but in my mind? It's chaos. I am always trying to get ahead of the problems before they're problems. See what I am doing there? I am trying to exert control. So I wear this shirt to remind me to choose the joy.

Then For King and For Country came out with their song. Joy. Have you heard it? It's even got some play on top 40 stations so maybe you have even if KLove isn't your go to.


Once again I am reminded to choose joy. 

So today, after a meeting that I don't feel good about. Instead of wallowing or getting mad, I am going to find the joy. I cranked the music. I danced. I painted butterfly magnets with M. I celebrated with her new-found "taco tongue" skills. 


I choose joy. Because I am going to fake it until I make it. Finding joy. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry things aren't very joyful for you. That's something I struggle with too. I know we are called to find joy in the Lord but man, that can be so hard sometimes when we are surrounded by things that are constantly pulling us down. I hope you guys have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!