Okay, probably not. But that's just fine I am going to tell you anyway. This weekend's storm tracked north so we got just three inches or so of snow. This morning we had a 2-hour late start and, while I know we had to get the kids in school, it was so hard to get to.
It makes sense that they would only worry about the main roads before getting to side streets but golly, two hours was not enough and we barely made it to school on time. We left so early too. I got stuck twice and it was a mess!
We did manage to get everything shoveled before the extreme cold sets in. Wednesday's high is going to be -14 which is crazy. That is so so cold. So I am just assuming they won't have school.
And here is an unrelated picture of my girl with pigtail braids after a shower.

I was wondering! We had the same two hour delay - - shoveling was pleasant in the 35F degree temps. Then the winds started - an hour later it was 24F and snow!and it looks bad for the rest of the week. Some teachers sent home extra work in case we're stuck at home Wed and Thurs. I'm just hoping my work will cancel for Wed so I don't have to go out with the high of -14F!
ReplyDeleteI remember those forecasted days of cold and snow...wondering if school would be delayed or canceled! And...Wet hair, fresh braids, and clean jammies are some of the very best things in the world!
ReplyDeleteNEGATIVE 14??? I can't even imagine!! I hope they don't have school for your sake! Nobody needs to be out in that kind of weather!!!!! Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable and we only got about 2-3 inches not the 14 they said we would get last weekend. Glad they were wrong again.
ReplyDeleteAlmost two years after our move, I still sometimes get very nostalgic about our old home, but your posts about wintry weather are making me miss NH less--so thank you for that! :) I thought I was such a dyed-in-the-wool Northeasterner, but I am finding that being a Virginian suits me just fine these days. I don't know if I could take the cold anymore!
ReplyDelete