So we don't have school today. Or tomorrow. Which I was assuming but didn't know for sure was a done deal. Thursday is still up in the air but we got an email from our principal this morning and she seems to think it's unlikely.
IF they have school on Thursday, they are rescheduling the Catholic Schools Week activities, for another week because being out of class for a talent show and dodgeball tournament seems slightly irresponsible when they haven't really had any class work in over a week. This is the price we pay for having such a glorious mild, green December.
I heard yesterday that already in 2019 (It's January 29 everybody.) we are 20 inches of snow over our typical snowfall average. And then with the record-breaking cold tomorrow... wow. This has been a crazy January.
The upside is we are having a great time together. I am so lucky that my kids play well together and basically entertain themselves. A couple of mom friends asked what we were doing to avoid going stir-crazy and honestly, it's basically nothing different than a Saturday. They play. Maybe I will do a craft or something and I have them each do a page or two of some workbooks I have but for the most part, they just entertain themselves.
These two are just my absolute favorites. I am not one bit sick of them being home. I do wish we could bypass the 4:30 crazies but that's just par for the course I think.
Have a great couple of days, I will check in from the other side of the crazy cold.


Isn't it such a gift when they like playing together and can entertain themselves? Our boys were such good playmates. Oh, they fought sometimes, yes; but mostly, they loved doing things together.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are just adorable. :)