If you're wondering if I am, in fact, talking about C's stuffed animal walrus named Walrus... you're correct. And yes, we absolutely celebrated Walrus' birthday yesterday. Because he is important in our family and someday he won't be. Let them be little and all that you know?
We went to Red Robin for dinner. C had a doctor's appointment that took a very long time and we were all hungry and cranky afterward. We had planned to have fish for dinner because he's a walrus, but going out just seemed more festive and redeeming.
Obviously Shu Shu the panda came too. We went so early. There was a point where we were truly the only customers. I even joked with Husband that if we explained that we were there celebrating Walrus maybe they'd even be bored enough to sing. We did not, actually, attempt that.
Then we had cupcakes. Remember a few weeks ago when I made walrus cupcakes? Well, I just defrosted the cupcakes I had frozen. It worked out great, they were tasty. We bought some chocolate marshmallow frosting and stuck a Swedish Fish on top. Easy peasy.
It sure made the day fun and on these wintery blah days that we have been stuck with, I will take it. Today was the first time in all the winter weather advisories and warnings lately where we didn't get walloped. Just two inches and life went on as normal. Maybe, just maybe, we are turning a corner?!



Best Mom Ever.
ReplyDeleteYou totally get it.
And those precious babes will keep those memories forever.
Miss those days~! : )
I've had birthday parties for my son's stuffed cat Notch and dragon Legend. It's fun and the kids really enjoy planning just the right type of cake. I love the cupcakes - I hope Walrus enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteWe had a snow day today! At first it was a 2 hour delay due to the ice then changed to cancel. Then the rain started. So it really was a waste of the snow day (and given we're at 11? now (had one last week too) we really didn't need one more day off).
How sweet!!! And I love the Swedish fish on top of the cupcake. It's the perfect touch for a Walrus!!
ReplyDeleteAwwww...you are a wonderful mama. Just think how sweet the memories of their childhood will be! I love this.
ReplyDelete