Monday, March 9, 2020

A Grand Adventure

Yesterday I took the kids on a grand adventure. Once upon a time in January Mo Willems tweeted out about the Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus: The Musical tour. It had been at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC for a while.

I frantically checked the locations and YES! There was an Iowa performance scheduled on the tour. Sure it's over 2 hours away but this is Mo we're talking about. Wait for what? They were all sold out. And during the school days. Clearly, they scheduled performances for school groups before they even went on sale to the public. Boo.

BUT. The tour would be in Illinois 2 weeks later. It was about 2.5 hours away! And they had a Sunday show.

So I booked tickets. Husband would be on his retreat but as long as it didn't snow I would feel fine taking the kids.

Yesterday was the day. It didn't snow. Admittedly the journey was not without incident. But we made it there safely and were even able to park in a lot that was closer than I had expected to park in.


We got treats, we found our seats. And as an avid Mo Twitter follower, we were in the third row exactly center. They were great seats I am not going to lie.


It looked like this. But I follow the rules and put my phone away during the show. But it looked like this. (These are the official pictures from when it was in DC.)




And we had a grand old time! So thankful to adventure with my kids!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys got to go to this show! I'm sure the kids had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!