What’s going on with us? Well funny you should ask but the answer is not a whole lot. We are in our final push towards Spring Break. Which is nice, because everyone loves Spring Break. And a little nerve wracking because last time they went home for Spring Break they never ever went back.
We are trying to stay positive as the vaccine rollout seems
to be going well and our school has been in-person since September. But that
nagging seed of doubt lingers on. We will cross that bridge if and when we come
to it. I will say the school in general seems to be healthier this year which I
don’t think is a bad thing. I do really like all the extra cleaning precautions
and feel like those should definitely stick around.
This kid right here is doing exceptionally well at school.
He’s been learning cursive, which has been a struggle, however. Honestly,
cursive is just really difficult for left-handers. I remember just hating
cursive when I was learning as well, and so we’ve been bonding over that. His
spelling tests now have a few words where in order to get them correct they
have to be in cursive. Every night we practice his words. He still doesn’t
enjoy it, certainly not in the midst of his precious time to play, but I’ve
already seen massive improvement. Practice does actually make perfect.
This kid is also pretty great. She’s gaining her confidence
with reading and while I still think she’s holding out on me a little bit, I’ve
seen her improve as well. Which is great. She is otherwise just a mountain of
personality. I see the teenager in her already with the eye rolls, but she is
still a little girl and I am so happy she is. This morning she told me she had
the same brand of shoes as a friend which surprised me a bit. I had no idea she
knew about brands at all. Since the only way to display personality at school
is the shoes, it doesn’t surprise me that she would notice these things though.
As the daffodils are poking their stems above ground, I am
starting to gain hope that the winter is maybe over. Oh, another short snow
wouldn’t surprise me. But this winter about did me in. We had that big storm
right after Christmas and the snow stuck around ever since because it just kept
snowing and staying super cold. Which is unheard of in these parts. I mean, it
was 70 degree yesterday and my front yard still has snow in it! And I didn’t do
well with it this year. It was just too much for me on top of all the COVID
stuff.
I got this happy little door decoration that I love so I
could take down my snowman and say farewell to the winter from Hell.
Anyway, that’s what’s up over here.



So happy that they have been IN school. All our children should have this choice. -sigh-
ReplyDeleteI bet it is a private school, because I think they wear uniforms. And private schools have been open, since the beginning.
"Take that", you public school teachers, who are just 'milking' this China Pandemic. :-((((
Gentle hugs~~~
And yes, nice to put a posy-decoration on your door, instead of snowmen. -smile-
ReplyDeleteGentle hugs~~~