Tuesday, May 28, 2024

A Belated Birthday Letter

Sorry for disappearing everyone. Things have been busy! 

On Sunday, this dude had a birthday and we celebrated him in the best possible way we could have imagined. Because we were traveling I didn't write his letter on time. 


Dear Goose, 

12 seems awfully big. It's a good thing you are still small. Gangly yes, that preteen-ness is there. But I am delighted you're still cuddly. 

The one thing about you I appreciate so much is your consistency. You still love walruses. And penguins. And Disney, Peanuts and Lego... all the things you've always loved. And it makes gift-giving super easy and more complicated all at the same time. You are SO my kid who loves to do laundry and use Downy Unstoppables. The memory of you running towards them in Costco will forever make me smile. I am so glad to experience these moments with you. 

This past year we added a Nintendo Switch to the family and we're working together to navigate healthy screen time limits. And you've surprised me honestly by how well you're doing with it. 

You are still so kind and observant. I know you don't come out of your shell much but those of us who get to know you and love you are the luckiest. You have such a big heart. I cannot believe that you are 12 and I can't believe you are going to middle school! What the heck? 

I am so glad that we got to celebrate you with penguins. Giving you the freedom to spend as much time as you wanted with them was the best I think for you and me. You got to take in the wonderfulness of the penguins and I got to bask in the glory of you. You were so happy and chill. And even with crowds of loud toddlers near you... you just had tunnel vision for the birds. And I got to watch you. It was my absolute favorite seeing you so happy and contented.

I love you so much. I am so glad God put you on this Earth for me to love and know. I hope you had the best birthday! 

Love Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!