Monday, December 29, 2025

Christmas 2025

Now, don't get me wrong. I know we are only at 5 Gold Rings right now and our family is going to keep on celebrating, but here's what we've done so far. The theme of this Christmas is "And I Took No Pictures."

We finished our Puzzle Advent calendar a day early. I really, really enjoyed this Advent calendar. Every day was a mini puzzle, and then all together it makes this Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade scene. 


M went to a half-day camp to make a cardboard gingerbread house. She made a beach house. Then we hit the road from there to my parents' house. 


Christmas Eve arrived and we spent the day with my family before heading off to Mass. C really wanted to go on Christmas Eve. M really wanted to go on Christmas Day. This year, C won, but next year we will go to the day Mass. 




We got there plenty early and got seats right where I wanted to be. It was a good Mass. 


There was a funny moment where, instead of the Nicene Creed, the priest started in on the penitential act, and we all, as a congregation, looked around and went "huh." 

After Mass we had a delicious dinner, of which I took no pictures. Then C performed his Christmas song for us all before we opened presents. 


And M got her very own Chomp Saw so we can make all the cardboard creations we want! 


Christmas Day was quiet and calm. There was a Cardinal at the Bird Buddy.


We opened more presents. And watched the Vikings Game. I will tell you that I thought the Snoop Dog Halftime Show was really really fantastic. 

It was classy with the orchestra and choir. Tasteful holiday wear. A good mix of artists from all genres singing some of their own music, but mostly Christmas. Snoop. Huntrix. Lainey Wilson. Andrea Bocelli. 

I hope the Super Bowl halftime show was taking notes because every single moment was delightful. I even really loved the Martha Stewart intro and goodbye. I really like Martha Stewart, though. 


After an Italian Pasta dinner, we took a group picture. 


Friday, we didn't do much of anything. Played games. Chatted. 



Saturday, we returned home through fog. It was not as lovely a drive as the way up. 


Yesterday we had our own little home Christmas after Mass. We opened our gifts. I took no pictures. And we watched Home Alone 2. 

So that's a little bit of what we have been up to this Christmas season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!