What a weekend of culture and fun.
The fun actually began on Wednesday with the middle school choir and band concert.
It was delightful, and I have to tell you that the highlight for me was that we got to leave before the bands started! And we weren't being rude... that was encouraged so we could make room for others!
Thursday was First Reconciliation, and I was so proud of all my little second-grade chickadees. I took no pictures of that. But it went well!
Friday, M's teacher sent a pic of the class at Adoration.
Then, directly after schoo,l we had middle school Bingo! Here were some of the 5th grade helpers. (Siblings.)
Overall, it was good but it was SO LOUD. So so so so loud. Middle schoolers are just a whole vibe. Add a bunch of sugar and... it was so so loud and crazy.
After bingo, we went to pick up Husband from home and headed off to the high school to see their children's show. (There was an unfortunate pit stop at Long John Silvers/A&W... it took 25 minutes from walking in the door until getting our food. And we were going to be late. The idea was meant to be fast. It wasn't. But the employees were genuinely kind and trying their best.)
Because we were running late, I didn't get a pic of the show before it got running, so I stole this one from Instagram.
It was Finding Nemo Jr. and I gotta say, it was the most fun children's show I've seen at that school. Makes me excited since we aren't so far off from having a student there ourselves.
Saturday I went to breakfast with my friend/former co-worker. She is a gem and super crafty so she made me this wreath. (Worst picture ever.)
They did a very good job! The music sounded great.
That afternoon was C's choir concert.
His second line he totally got flustered and screwed it up. Weirdly, it was the one he knew well, so I was surprised. (But not actually surprised that there was a flub because I had even said to Husband that I didn't think it would go well overall.)
It wasn't awful awful. And it was the kind of lesson he had to learn himself.
M took a selfie during the show. And... okay.
Saturday evening we went to see a bunch of kids in their show Elf Jr. (The theater my kids have participated at.)
And then it snowed some more. 4 inches. Because we needed that.
Is it warm again yet?!
Then, to round up the weekend, Sunday night was the women's Advent by Candlelight. I went as a guest, not a host, which was nice. I took exactly one picture, and it's not great.
A nice night with the women of the parish. Though I admit the "prayer and reflection" portion of the evening was forgettable.
It was a very full weekend + of faith, arts, and culture. We are so blessed!



.jpg)













Boo to the snow and yay to the fun things! It's so hard watching your child struggle when you knew it was coming, but you're totally right, it's a lesson they have to learn!
ReplyDelete