Monday was one of those days where fall and winter crashed
into each other and neither had enough strength to battle it out for long. That
snow is still there, barely but it's there, arguing that winter is in fact approaching. Those leaves
are hanging on there in a vain attempt to pretend October hasn't past. The
bone chilling temps since then confirm otherwise.
It was a cloudy snowy day anyway but was just getting dark
enough for lights to pop up outside. Darkness was invading slowly, but just
around the edges where it doesn't matter yet. And suddenly the Schwan’s man was
there because the moment clearly called for frozen food as well. But really, what moment
doesn't call for an ice cream treat?
There is no other word to describe this. It was cold.


Brrrrrr I'm cold just looking at that picture! And I love your description of darkness creeping around the edges..that's such a great description of winter twilight.
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy, the snow really looks like crystals on the grass, very very cool, I mean cold!
ReplyDeleteEvery moment calls for ice cream! No doubt!!
ReplyDeleteSomeone sent me a Schwans gift card when new baby arrived. I've never used them before and I am definitely looking forward to giving them a whirl!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous. I love that photo, and your description of the fall and winter clashing.
ReplyDelete