A long while ago I thought up "Shaming" as the unofficial theme for this week. I was thinking like those funny dog memes.
But I don't have a dog.
Then I read an article about how shaming children leads to low self esteem and all that stuff that you know, leads to them living lives of destitute or in serious therapy.
So I am shaming myself. It was a weak moment in parenting. But I just stood by and watched. (Then cleaned up.)
UPDATE: Shaming is now an official theme for 11/21. This week is thumb. Brought to you by my right hand and the sad remnants of OPI Bubble Bath.
Linking up with Cari who apparently decided 3 legged Levi was on to something yesterday.
And since this is mothering at it's finest. I am also linking up with Real Motherhood link up over at Messy Wife, Blessed Life.


I think we've all had that "look away" moment where we let something happen just to avoid the scream :)
ReplyDeleteHa! I am a firm believer in the "look away" moment!
ReplyDeleteMess? What mess?
ReplyDeleteI have about 100 "look away" moments a day. Apple bits? BTDT. Many times. You're in good company, friend.
ReplyDeleteAnd thumbs up on the theme suggestion! Love it.
Haha, thanks for the laugh this morning. As toddlerhood continues on and on and on, I'm afraid I'm becoming much more familiar with the "look away". Your sons face in this picture is priceless!
ReplyDeleteAh, letting Lucia make a mess while I watch in frustration (but don't have the nerve to stop her) is a regular over here as well! Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDelete