Friday, February 6, 2015

7 Things We Love: Round 2

Wednesday, during our pre-dinner Skype with my dad M rolled over for the first time, back to tummy. Husband was home and didn't miss it. C was right there excited for her. My dad was able to watch it live. It was all very exciting. By all accounts M is actually hitting her back to tummy roll very early. I am proud of her! But seriously kid, let's slow the train down a little!


Want to know to know the real difference between your first and second baby? With your first you anxiously await each milestone and celebrate when it's  achieved. If the first hits it early, you gush. "So strong! So advanced!" With your second baby you just want to scream "Slow down!! There's time for all that! You'll be able to make it across the room soon enough. Just enjoy your time on the blanket!!"

And then there's baby stuff. M didn't get a lot of things that are just only hers. Primarily clothes. She certainly wears some of her brother's old pajamas and onesies but a girl's gotta have some girly clothes too. But there are a few things that we've found to be excellent that I for sure wish we had the first round.

I am not an affiliate blogger so any links do nothing for me. And no one paid me to write this I just actually love all these things!

1. Fisher Price Rock n Play. 


These existed but I didn't know about them the first time around. I honestly find it even more important now than I would have then. When C was just an only, there was always someone to hold him and if I set him down on the floor he was perfectly safe. It's a little harder to put M down and not think her brother may trample her. Cue the Rock n Play.

It has many many positives but I can highlight them quickly for you:
  • It's kind of like a baby hammock and keeps them snuggled on the sides. 
  • It rocks and vibrates. At least ours does. 
  • The liner is completely washable. Great for blowouts and spitups and life.
  • It folds up and is very lightweight so it has a very small footprint and is easy to travel with. 
  • While we didn't have an issue with reflux, it angles the head up slightly. 
There are many different colors but we have a girly one!




Let me just say this right off the bat: you can swaddle with anything. Okay. 

Yes they're expensive but you know what? The hype is worth it. They stay in place so they're good swaddles. My kids tend to overheat easily so the fact they're breathable is great. They're big so they also serve to throw down and let the tike do some tummy time! And they really do get softer every wash. Magical.

Plus the company is swell and I love their adult blanket. 




Everyone is all like Nosefrida! We have one of those too but we lost a piece to it. I went to reorder and the Baby Comfy Nose was $3 cheaper and had some serious good reviews. Now a lot of the reviews seemed like they were paid for. "I love the mesh bag!" "Made in the USA" "More hygienic"
And yet... I agree. It completely comes apart so you can clean it well. It doesn't use foam filters but a piece of toilet paper or a tissue. AND it has 2 sizes. The newborn size is swell for M. We haven't used the bigger one yet (pictured) but I bet it'll work. Oh, both Husband and I like the angle of it, we find it easier to hold while trying to keep her head still. 

For real: Baby Comfy Nose and saline nose drops are my jam. 



C never had any skin issues. M had a touch of baby acne and the very very beginnings of cradle cap. This shampoo kicked it's butt and has kept it away. Plus I like the foam because it's fun to rub over her little head. (I like the smell a lot. Though I have read reviews where they don't like the smell.) 

Then there are some things we love just as much as the first time around. 


Silly name. Works and smells great. 


You just stick the little baby bath hammock in your tub and wash 'em up. No need to worry about whether or not the sink is clean or if they're comfy. It looks like in the olden days they were recalled because people are morons and carried their baby in the seat. Don't do that. 

Big pros: it's small and folds up so it travels well and stores easily. You can remove the hammock to wash it. Plus it just gets them used to the big tub right away. 


If you buy the really inexpensive prefold cloth diapers they work great! Super absorbent, a decent size and easy to clean. Sure they're not decorated with monkeys or flowers but your baby is going to spit up on them. Who cares? 




3 comments:

  1. Right? With my second and third babies I was the same way - stop doing stuff so fast!
    And seriously, a swaddle blanket that STAYS swaddled is worth its weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the product recommendations - I love when someone I know loves a product and tells me so that I can try it too. The rock and play has my interest - do you use that instead of a swing? Or do you also have a swing? We have a swing that rocks forward to back and also side-to-side ... was wondering whether or not to splurge on the Rock and Play down the road.
    I can't believe M is rolling over!! That is crazy fast!! Way to go, M!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent suggestions, like the explanation of why you love them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!