I have mush brain.
So the quickest of quick takes...
1. My Valentine's Day was just as quiet as I expected. It was lovely. We had donuts and hot chocolate for breakfast, complete with tulips (I always get tulips for Valentine's Day and yet somehow they always surprise me.) Otherwise we hung out. After dinner we watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on TV. It was the first time C had been introduced to a Harry Potter movie. He liked what he saw. There's a lot of animals in it I can say that for a fact.
![]() |
| My girl Valentine |
![]() |
| My boy Valentine |
I'd like to say you're doing fine Oklahoma but... let's figure that out.
3. I've always had a good memory but I am incredibly impressed that C apparently has one as well. It astounds me what he remembers. Yesterday he asked to sing "5 Green Speckled Frogs" and I didn't understand so he just started singing and he knew all the words. And the tune. We haven't been to music class since October and it's not a major song in our repertoire. He amazes me daily.
4. I guess yesterday was just a big day in C's world. He has been able to tell me when he doesn't want something for a very long time. But usually when asked "what do you want?" he comes back with something from the not going to happen category. (A cookie, cupcake or special treat.) Yesterday when I was making his peanut butter sandwich he told me "No sandwich. I want peanut butter crackers." Well okay then. Our lunches usually consist of me putting peanut butter on a vessel so switching up the vessel was just fine with me. Communication is a beautiful thing.
5. I'm going to let you in on a secret, until I had kids I never really liked Eric Carle. Now we are deep into the Eric Carle world and I'm okay with that. But I still don't have to do Thomas the Tank Engine or Dr. Suess (With the exception of Green Eggs and Ham.)
Did you know there's a Very Hungry Caterpillar Netflix movie? There is. And it's very calm and nice.
6. Hey. Did you know Lent started? I wasn't sure but luckily the blog world helped me remember.
7. That was sarcasm. Happy first weekend of Lent everyone.




I used to love Eric Carle as a kid. And thanks for reminding me about Lent! ;) And tulips are my absolute fave flower!
ReplyDelete#6 kills me. Seriously! We will have a reprieve now, but brace yourselves…Holy Week will be upon us in 6 short weeks and everyone will tell us how it can be done / crafted / experienced / prayed / walked / journeyed. And I am one that does pin a few interesting Lent with children type posts, but after awhile it was just starting to get to be overload. But that is just me.
ReplyDeleteCan you tell I am a bit punchy today? My apologies. :)
Onto a much more fun comment - I love the Valentine pics of the kiddos. Have a good weekend!
I will have to look into the Eric Carle "Very Hungry Caterpillar" movie - that is so cool! I need to get over to the library and get some more of his books (a good "to do" for the week, although we don't take Luke as he is wayyyyyy too loud and runs everywhere. He is not a quiet sitter yet. :-D)
ReplyDeleteYour Valentines Day sounds wonderful!! And two cutie pie's to spend it with? Sign me up!
I love that C has an opinion and will communicate with you about food. This whole communication thing makes it so much easier than a tantrum while you're still clueless about what they want (or that is my opinion anyway). I'm always telling Luke to "use your words" as sometimes he will slip back into tantrum mode.
P.S. Peanut butter is awesome!