We had a very good day. It all started with putting Fruit Loops on spaghetti noodles stuck in play-dough. We read Katy No Pockets. We made kites using construction paper/tissue paper on contact paper taped to the window. They turned out very cute. We flew our kites to the "Let's Go Fly A Kite" song from Mary Poppins as well as other music time favorites. We had Kix cereal and some cheese for snack. We put on aprons with pockets and began kangaroos. We hopped between two tables color sorting counting cubes. Then we did an I spy the letter K in a poem. Of course we ended with playtime.
In other news...
I know that some people are all aghast that Christmas decorations are already out, but I am a fan. I am trying so hard to have all of my Christmas prep done by November and I am right on track for that. I wanted to buy stockings this year. In 2010 for our first married Christmas we bought stockings. Then the next year when C was in utero we bought a not-really-matching-but-coordinates-okay stocking for C. And last year, Husband and I shared a stocking because we couldn't find anything quite right for M but we wanted her to have one.
So it was time for new stockings. And I spent a lot of time looking at a lot of different company's stockings. There were some that I liked, but the catch was the personalization was capped at 9 or 10 letters. I was so happy to pick a classic name, it never occurred to me that I couldn't put it on things. But sure enough, it's very hard to find places that let you personalize 11 letters.
But not at Merry Stockings! (Not a sponsored post, just a big fan now!) They have many many different stockings to choose from but they are all very cute. And while some styles do have a 10 character cap, other styles don't!! We got the Cable Knit Stockings, the girls have white stockings with red names and the boys have red stockings with white names. Another major plus, is the cost of the embroidery is included in the price of the stocking. NOT the case at most other stockings I saw. Some wanted $8 extra per stocking for the names to be embroidered! Not charging extra makes the stockings at Merry Stockings even more reasonable.
![]() |
| This is the image of what we got from their site. |
Our stockings came today and I just love them. They are very generously sized and a great thick material so they'll stay nice for a long time. I am so happy to have found them and I just thought I'd let you all know in case you yourself are in need of new Christmas stockings this year.
Have a wonderful Thursday!

I am a fan of planning early, too. Before I sat down to read this, I was looking through my little "gift closet" upstairs, getting excited over the Baby Jesus dolls I ordered ABOUT A MONTH AFTER LAST CHRISTMAS (!) for my three oldest granddaughters and trying to decide what to get for G-Man this year. We are on the same wavelength. :)
ReplyDeleteWe won't have everyone at our house this year like we did last year; but for Christmas 2016, I'm going to need some new stockings. So thanks for the tip!