Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I Heart Food Show!

Yesterday was the worst kind of day. The no mail day that seems just like any other day. Sure, on Christmas it doesn't seem so weird for the mail not to come, but Federal Holidays that aren't observed by anyone other than Federal people leaves you wishing for the post man. Well, actually, we have a post lady but I digress.

Anyway, besides the no mail thing, the rest of the day was pretty good really. The weather has been wonderful. I know the Anne of Green Gables quote is everywhere right now, but seriously how glad are you that we live in a world with Octobers?! Because I am.

Today was kind of an exciting day, it was Husband's company's big food show. Their big event that they spend all year working toward. And I got to go! I had never been to one before. M and I dropped C off at school and headed out. The parking ramp was full. Like crazy crazy full. And the only spot I could find was between two really large trucks. That part was not fun. I should have tried to find another spot, but I didn't. I literally had to squeeze out of the car because I could barely open the door.

But we made it inside and it was a blast.

I had a pretty good idea what I was getting into but it was really a fun kind of trade show. I imagine many businesses have decent trade shows but the restaurant industry has to be a standout. A giant room with any food you can imagine. No seriously. Fruits, veggies, meat, sauces, nuts and every single person wants you to try some and to talk to you. (Because you'll probably buy something if you're not just there because of your husband.)

It was 80s theme which was fun and there was a photo booth which was also fun!


M was the belle of the ball, since we got there right at the beginning and things weren't super busy yet. We saw the President of the company, M's Godmother, (she works with Husband) Husband's boss and a boatload of other people. It was so great. 

I would love to go to another one without a kid and just blend in to watch. It was really very interesting. Everyone was in their element. Schmoozing and fooding and selling. I am so glad for this unique perspective on what Husband does. 

Definitely a good Tuesday!! Plus today's mail way made up for no mail yesterday. It's the little things you know!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!