Friday, July 1, 2016

7QT: It's Already July.

one. July. It's July people. How in the world is that possible? We are halfway to 2017. And on top of that it is one of those delicious summer weeks where it never gets to the 80s. I'd like to order this forever please. I am writing this from outside and it's almost chilly in the shade with a breeze.

two. Go right now and look at Better With Titanic on Facebook. They have taken clips from movies, concerts and sporting events and set them to "My Heart Will Go On." And they're right. Almost everything is better with Titanic.

three. Are you doing anything fun this weekend? We are staying home and firing up the grill for the weekend. We are going to have a reprise of of last year's fireworks show. Which involved making our living room as dark as possible, lighting a bunch of glow sticks and watching them on TV!


So much better with littles to do it like that! One day we will probably go out and see fireworks but this is not the year. 

four. Gratuitous picture of my girl.


She has just been amazing me lately. New words all the time. Physical feats that constantly surprise. Daily, I look at her and am frustrated beyond believe at some mischief she has managed and then within a span of ten minutes am swept up in how overwhelmingly I love her.

five. I am totally pumped because it is officially Bring Back My Bar Month and I am going to stock up on Happy Birthday. This is one of my favorites. I voted for this a ridiculous number of times. I warm it, shockingly, on people's birthdays.




six. Swim lessons start next week! Everyone is excited. Especially me. I have been watching the Olympic team trials and I just really like watching swimming. I am so excited for the Olympics, and sure I know that swim lessons for my 4-year-old and 20-month-old are not even really teaching more than water skills yet, but still. I'll take what I can get.

seven. Man. Oh Man. Let's talk Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Or the book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Same difference here because it's all about what a jerk Grandpa Joe is.


Lies in bed for 20 years. Able to jump up and click his heels when his grandson wins a trip to the chocolate factory. (So really... "I've got a golden ticket" is a crock of hooey, since it isn't yours at all.) If this is ringing any bells at all you should totally read this! 

Happy 4th of July! Linkin' with Kelly. 


4 comments:

  1. #7 just made my day. Also, #1 we are soul mates. If only my stupid family wouldn't refuse to move to somewhere on the equator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fireworks are perfect!!!!!
    We did the same when we had littles. : )
    Happy Fourth, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great 4th!!!! I am also shocked that it's already July. Really, we are just going to blink and it will be Christmas. I find that the older my kids get the faster it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved, loved, LOVED the weather last week! Stupid humidity came back today. But I am not complaining, the holiday weekend was near perfection. Thank you God!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!