You know how sometimes in the stay-at-home world, you are counting down the seconds until Dad comes home and someone else can change a diaper or make a decision? And then other days you sail on through and you're not quite sure how the day has gone so fast?
We are definitely having the good and fast kind of day.
Last night we had dinner at Husband's aunt and uncle's home. It was very nice. They sent us home with a bunch of blueberries from their little backyard patch. So because I had berries that were about twelve hours off the plant and it was Mom-day anyway...
Blueberry Mom-day muffins it was!
I stepped it up a bit and made actual homemade muffins, not a mix and not using Bisquick. Though I do swear by those Bisquick ones when you need to make muffins fast.
Then after we ate we went for a walk so I could exercise catch Pokemon. I fully admit to downloading Pokemon Go and I am very much enjoying it. It's all original Pokemon and I just want to be the very best. Like no one ever was. I totally dig that it's all the Pokemon from when I was 12 and none of the bizarre nowadays kind.
After we got back from our quest, we were HOT. It is in the upper 80s with a crazy humid heat index so we decided to run through the sprinkler. My dad got the kids swimsuits with hats and initially I was confused because we had already gotten them suits but oh my genius!
Two swimsuits each means that we could play sprinkler, get soaking wet and have SO much fun but that we still have dry swimsuits for swimming lessons tonight without me having to stick them in the dryer!! I love it! We played Hokey Pokey sprinkler style and we were totally drenched. (And since I have hair that takes FOREVER to dry, I am still in fact wet.)
We came inside to make lunch (PBJ, raspberries, peas and milk) and I got the mail with two fun surprises! A really big check from Geico!
Okay so not a really big check but $5 is $5 right?! And then I got my package from Punch and Judy Pegs. I won the Zelie & Co. Instagram auction. This is a screen shot of the item off of Instagram.
Miss Clavel and Madeline peg dolls and board book of Madeline. I couldn't NOT have them. I am saving them for M's Christmas in July present. (Which is coming right up if you want to celebrate!!)
Zelie & Co. have Instagram auctions every Tuesday through Wednesday at 10:00 AM CST. This is my second win and it's fun to get things at a good price and help out Catholic mamas who have homemade things. A lot of times you can get things at an especially good deal with the added bonus of some exhilarating bidding. Check it out if you haven't already. I look at the items weekly but only jump in to bid occasionally.
All in all... I'm thinking it's been a pretty good day so far.





Sounds like a fabulous day!!! Peg dolls = swoon!!!!!! So cute. I have never heard of the Zelie & Co. site, so thanks for that heads-up!!! I hope you have a great rest of the week!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat day indeed!
ReplyDeleteAnd Madison, Nicolas, and Rhett are all about the Pokémon Game!!!
Out doing it right now!
You are having a great day!! Those peg dolls are adorable!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete