Friday, July 8, 2016

7QT: Not Much to Say

one. Hey-O! I love three-day weekends and the short work weeks they bring. TGIF.

two.

Swimming lessons are fun! M is loving her class with her dad. C had a super good day yesterday and I am hoping that trend continues. We've had storms a plenty during the day

three.

This country is scaring me. I have no real words here. I'm just going to pray. 

four. C has been invited to a super hero birthday party and they are supposed to come dressed as their favorite superhero. We aren't a big super hero family and C has approximately, well, slightly more than zero knowledge. He likes the Adam West Batman show, he's seen that like twice. But since the birthday boy loves Batman I didn't want to usurp him. Plus if we are being honest, all the cute Batman shirts are black. C doesn't have any shorts that would match a black shirt, only jeans. And his shoes are Navy Blue.

So... we watched a lot of superhero theme songs on YouTube and he settled on Captain America. Which is great because he will look put together. We are going with a shield shirt over the "Captain America Outfit" kind of shirt.


Hopefully a tee shirt is enough. But since C isn't big on dress-up pretend play this is really the best we were going to get anyway. 

five. I am going to take the kids to the library today. This is the one activity that really really stresses me out. Some of our friends go to the library and get like a massive tote bag of books. Not in our world.

Just so you don't think I am the worst mother in the world, we have a ton of books at our house. Each kid has FULL bookshelf in their room. C even has two. We have a full book shelf in the playroom and we have books in the basement to be brought up into rotation for holidays, season and higher reading levels.

All I am saying is checking out ebooks online was a game changer for me. They return themselves, can't be damaged and don't require leaving the house or shushing anyone.

six. Have you seen that Jon Bon Jovi sang at a wedding? I just feel bad for him. Apparently. the band prepared the song ahead of time knowing he'd be there, then asked him before the ceremony and he said he didn't want to sing. That is when you change the set list then. He did not look happy, and he really only joined in because the singer totally botched the lyrics while standing next to him. (How embarrassing for her.) Plus he had a surgery on his vocal chords and has trouble hitting some of the notes now. I feel bad for him getting forced in like that. And all famous people who get roped into doing something because they're famous.

seven. Have a super weekend! I am linking up with Kelly on this fine day! 

4 comments:

  1. That tee shirt is perfect! You are meeting the requirements of the party, not spending too much money, and it can be worn again. Peter was never in to dress up play either. Sarah however loved to play dress up! Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tee shirt is perfect! You are meeting the requirements of the party, not spending too much money, and it can be worn again. Peter was never in to dress up play either. Sarah however loved to play dress up! Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5 - this is where we are polar opposites! I love the library and we try to go once a week and yes, I am THAT mom who checks out 15-20 books at a time. I do usually remember to bring the tote bag to carry them home. Our library is a pretty small place, so maybe that is why it doesn't seem so stressful because the girls can't really wander too far. I hope you had a good time there today and it wasn't too stressful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super hero's birthdays are fun! Your son is going to fit right in with his Captain America shirt. We have three sons, adult now but Batman and Superman were among their favorites. We had some crazy rain last night but today was a beautiful day. The rain always perks things up, especially living in the desert. Library's are always fun, when the boys were little we would attend 'story time' once a week and they loved checking out books - no need to over due it, that makes going back all the more fun. Rotating books is a great idea - I used to do that with their toys - it's amazing when they don't see them for awhile then you bring them out and it's like Christmas.
    Have a great weekend!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!