Saturday, October 22, 2016

Happy Birthday Baby!

My Sweet Girl,

Oh honey, I cannot believe two years have passed since you decided it was finally your birthday! You have been rocking our world and bringing spunk to our family every day since then and I am forever grateful for that. I never knew how much I needed you, my sweet girl, but you just balance us out so much. 

I am overwhelmed by how much you talk and how well people can understand you. It is such a difference from how your brother was and I don't even know if you're advanced or right on track or what. It doesn't matter anyway but I just love talking with you. I ask you many times per day if "you're my girl?" And you always say yes. I love it. 

You have the fiercest spirit. You think that you are so much older than you are and you keep up with the big kids pretty darn well. I love watching you dance, jump, run, hop like a frog... pretty much I just watch you all day in awe of your propensity for physical strength. I love playing catch with you and I love going to music class with you. You are in your element and you just get it. I focus on you of course because it's our time to bond. But I truly don't see any other kid who is as excited to sing, dance and smile as you are. When you sing along it just slays me. 

I have to hand it to you, you love fashion more than I could have anticipated. You love tutus, socks, shoes... pretty much if it can be put on, you're for it! Your hair is really growing in and it curls in the length. It's adorable. All the long hair is in the middle of your head, ala a mohawk so you can't really pull off pigtails but your sprout ponytails are pretty cute. 

Getting to spend four mornings a week with just you has been so much fun. I love going to art class with you. You are such a good helper at stores and for the most part you are pretty agreeable. But even the days when we just come home together are special. I have really enjoyed getting to see your personality and what interests YOU instead of what your big brother wants. You amaze me daily.

Little Miss, you love your daddy. Every day you need two hugs and kisses before he leaves and usually before he's even in the car you ask "Where'd Daddy go?" Then only 45 times throughout the day do you ask about his whereabouts. It is partly incredibly annoying, but heartwarming that you love him so much.

I cannot wait to celebrate you today. We gave you your big present yesterday, a little indoor trampoline. It's really selfish of me. I mostly wanted you to stop jumping on the couch and also burn some energy this winter. But oh  goodness, you loved it. Your curls flopping just a second behind you and a smile so bright. You are my favorite girl.

Happy second birthday M! I love you more than words can say!

Love, Mom 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to M!!! I hope she has a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of birthdays to your baby girl!!!!!
    Two!
    So fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!