He has also finally started to create art. He did a family portrait for his "All About Me" block but he was definitely prompted. Yesterday he brought home this:
And I know it doesn't look like much to you. I get that. But I asked him what it was and he said "a rainbow and a pumpkin." Well, of course it is! Lines of different colors is totally a rainbow and the orange blob at the bottom with green coming out is a pumpkin.
It's just the first time I've asked him what he drew and it, even a little bit, actually looked liked what he said. It's not even a major milestone in the world but it is making all the difference to me and I am so happy! It's so reassuring when noticeable progress is made.
I would love to say that I am enlightened and educated and very much looking forward to tonight's Vice-Presidential debate but really... I am just totally bummed that This Is Us isn't going to be on. Even though I do think that Pence and Kaine are generally less repugnant than their running mate, I just don't really have the want to know what they're going to say.
I saw a meme during the presidential debate that basically said the only people who watch the debates are people who hate their lives and enjoy yelling at the TV. I think that must be true. Especially this year.
So I am going to go read my book and enjoy my Tuesday. I hope yours is wonderful and brings you some progress of your own!

It's always exciting when we see progress in the kiddos! And I will also NOT be watching the debate. I'm ready to vote. Let's just do it and get it over with!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you for being informed enough to watch the debates. I admit that I couldn't do any of it.
ReplyDelete