Tuesday, June 6, 2017

A Little Look at June (So Far)

So it's June. I know. I am just as shocked as you.

We are settling into our routine of summer vacation just fine. The first day was a little rough but now we've got it down. My recipe is easy breakfasts, minimum screen time, inclusion of learning time, and everyone in their room for quiet/rest time for a bit in the afternoon. So far so good.


I also made a meal plan not just for dinner but for all the meals just to take the mystery out of it. Also, so far so good. I like that since I am just feeding my family I can swap the days if I am not grooving on something but all the ingredients are in the house anyway.

In some recap business last Sunday, still in May, we took C to see A Year with Frog and Toad. And he liked it. I think if we are being fair, Husband enjoyed it the most of the group but that was to be expected. He loves the show and bought the Original Broadway Cast album the day it came out so... yeah. I said to him at intermission "You look delighted." And he said back, "Well it's delightful."


C clearly takes after me where he watches much much more intensely and drinks it all in. I actually didn't think he liked it one bit while we were there. But the whole way home he talked about it and has been recreating the show so he probably did. It was funny though, at one point the scene came up with a little music and he said "This is the song about being alone." It was not his first Frog and Toad rodeo, he knew the soundtrack coming in.

As far as more recent news we started potty training yesterday. It wasn't successful. I clearly must have blocked out potty training C because I have no memory of how we did it. Especially with a little baby M involved. I will try again in a few days. M is stubborn so no need to force the issue and make it a drama.

Swim lessons start next week. I am trying to stay positive but we'll see. I am doing the parent child class with M at the same time C swims. Which really is the best plan for everyone. The evening lessons just didn't work for C, he just isn't as his best then. And it's more fair for M to not have to miss out either. But I don't like that I won't be able to observe his class. And I just hope M doesn't hate her class. This will be her third summer in this same class. (Red cross, seriously time to start letting 2 year olds take "real swim" with a parent in the water.) I wish there were more options in our area but thems the breaks.

2 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for swimming. I feel like every child should have the opportunity to learn as early as possible. I hope your new arrangement works better for everyone and I'm sorry there isn't a better option for M at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your summer schedule...
    Reminds me of ours years ago. : )
    Best of luck with swimming lessons.
    And did you receive the book? Hope so!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!