I am kind of sad about that actually. Swim lessons were the perfect thing for us this past two weeks. They gave us some semblance of structure without being too much. Plus it has given M and I some special alone time without C. I didn't even realize my heart missed my mornings with my girl, but I did/do and I am glad to have had time with her in the pool.
It's so easy to get one-on-one time with C. He doesn't nap so we can hang out while M does. On weekends he can even take outings with one of us during that time. So it has been good to squeeze in what I can with M during the swim lessons and know that C is perfectly content and safe.
And this is all on top of the fact that being safe around the water is important to me and swimming is such a good physical endeavor. I really hope they want to swim on a team some day. I kind of dig that it's a team/individual sport. I mean, you're on a team, but your performance is directly linked to how you do all by yourself. Plus... inside sport!
Yesterday the kid's backpacks arrived. They are so happy. I am happy they're happy but I am this much annoyed that the only size appropriate backpacks for M are animals. It doesn't matter the brand either. Skip Hop. Land's End. Pottery Barn Kids. Dabbawalla. I am also bummed that L.L. Bean discontinued their Jr. Packs which is what I intended to get but... whatever. If they don't want to take my money I can't make them. I settled for and am pleased with the backpacks I picked from Land's End.
M got this purple owl. It was the least LOUD animal backpack and we like purple and owls. So it worked. The stripes are cute too.
And she LOVES it. Just adores it. She has never had a backpack before so the concept is really novel for her.
C got a more basic (which is clearly the way to my heart because... see my Primary post from a few days ago,) backpack.
He has had a backpack before so this one is slightly less interesting to him. But still interesting enough because it's a decent one as compared to the free one one of my brother's got from work that he had been using. I didn't get monograms on the packs but I am kind of loving in this picture that this one has mine on it!
So swimming and back packs are what's interesting here. Happy Thursday!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!