Friday brought some more fun with our annual night in the baseball suite. We do this every year. It could be considered a tradition but it is just a perk of the job we wouldn't continue doing otherwise so... not a tradition.
Because it was a Friday our ball park has fireworks after the game. Last year we left after the seventh inning stretch and it was like 8:15. So we figured we would stay for the fireworks. We haven't actually taken the kids to fireworks before and we figured we should do a test run before Disney. Suffice it to say that plan backfired on us. LONGEST GAME EVER. And then in the top of the ninth, the other team rallied to 6-7 and I told the kids if we went to extra innings we would not be staying. But the home team won and we saw the fireworks.
Yesterday one of Husband's cousins got married so we went and did the whole wedding thing. It was about an hour and twenty minutes away so luckily we didn't have to stay the night. It was a pretty fun wedding and my kids looked cute even if only one would look at the phone.
At the reception, C was channeling Dear Evan Hansen with the wedding favor coozie. It made me laugh.
When the we decided we were good to go (we waited for the first relatives to leave then waited a half hour longer) we changed the kids into pajamas and headed back for home. 20 minutes later we had planned to stop at Hurt's Donuts for a special treat. They have a serious reputation and I had never been there. Usually when we drive through that town we are just trying to get home, but it was a little more leisurely yesterday. The kids were still awake so we brought them in and bought super interesting and overly sugary donuts.
I will say that I love they are open 25/8 (their words) and make interesting donuts. The kids loved the cookie monster ones and the raised struesel is my new favorite donut ever. Some of the others like Cotton Candy, Cereal Killer and Dirt Worm look cool but are just whatever.
Today was the most perfect day. 70 degrees and sunny. We had a special lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings, an outing to Michael's and then we stopped at got Coldstone. We have never taken the kids there but I have wanted to for a long time. They loved it. And we walked in and no one was there. Even the employees were in the back area. I have never been were I haven't had to wait. It was kind of exciting for the people who came in after us to wait for us. And bonus! The even had banana ice cream. Coldstone banana ice cream is the best.
And also this morning at church I picked up my shirt for tomorrow and all week because it's VBS week and somehow I volunteered to be a Preschool Crew Leader! So bright and early tomorrow I will be rocking my green shirt, M will go to babysitting and C will be in another crew at VBS. Pray for me!
So this week looks to be another fun week heading into another fun weekend... we're just go go go I guess. But it's so fun to live life with my family and make those memories!







What a great weekend!!! Prayers for a great week of VBS!
ReplyDeleteThose donuts look amazing. I can never resist a good donut!!!
ReplyDelete