2. Yesterday C took a nap. Which was the agreement if he wanted to stay up late and he did. He really wanted to catch the fireflies. It was a successful evening and he was ridiculously cute running around the backyard in his pajamas.
And then he slept in until 7:30 so since a song of joy! My kids are 6:45 wakers and that is when their "Okay to wake clocks" turn green and they're allowed out of bed. One resident two-year-old is often sent back to bed multiple times a morning until her clock turns green.
3. We had a family fun day today. This morning was the local production of 'A Year With Frog and Toad.' The whole family went and we were are all pretty excited about it!
It was definitely not as good as the CTC version. By a lot. But the kids really liked it. It was the truncated version which was SO GOOD for M who was getting kind of wiggly by the end. But she was so cute. The programs had a coloring page and she held hers up to show Frog and Toad at the beginning of the show. She also sang along. Which I am sure was a real treat for the kids at the tables around us.
It was definitely not as good as the CTC version. By a lot. But the kids really liked it. It was the truncated version which was SO GOOD for M who was getting kind of wiggly by the end. But she was so cute. The programs had a coloring page and she held hers up to show Frog and Toad at the beginning of the show. She also sang along. Which I am sure was a real treat for the kids at the tables around us.
4. Then after lunch and nap for everyone we went out for a pizza dinner. There was another severe thunderstorm rolling in as we were leaving so we changed our minds about getting ice cream. (I am the most sad about that.) We came home and now we are watching Gnomeo and Juliet. I like this movie a lot and it features music by Elton John.
5. Since I am going to see Elton in November I've been listening to his music a lot and even my kids are getting into it. C really likes "Rocket Man." When his little voice sings "I miss my wife." I die just a little because it's so precious. It also cracks me up when a song comes on and he goes "Mom, this is Elton!"
6. Tomorrow is Father's Day! Our plans aren't super exciting though. I am going to get donuts for breakfast and then we have Mass and lunch. The girls are going to have a rest time and bake a dessert while the boys are going to go see The Little Mermaid musical at the local community theater. It's a big show weekend for C I guess. He is super excited.
7. So that's pretty much what is going on over here in our world. Not much but that's good!
5. Since I am going to see Elton in November I've been listening to his music a lot and even my kids are getting into it. C really likes "Rocket Man." When his little voice sings "I miss my wife." I die just a little because it's so precious. It also cracks me up when a song comes on and he goes "Mom, this is Elton!"
6. Tomorrow is Father's Day! Our plans aren't super exciting though. I am going to get donuts for breakfast and then we have Mass and lunch. The girls are going to have a rest time and bake a dessert while the boys are going to go see The Little Mermaid musical at the local community theater. It's a big show weekend for C I guess. He is super excited.
7. So that's pretty much what is going on over here in our world. Not much but that's good!


Catching fireflies...oh my goodness, that reminds me so much of my childhood. I'm so glad to hear kids are still doing it!
ReplyDelete