Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy VaLENTine's Day

You don't need me to remind you that it is Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday.

But it is.

We started out the day with a quick, not exciting, breakfast before dashing off to Mass. I took the kids by myself because it was really the only Mass time that worked with their schedule. We could have gone to the 6:30 AM one as a family but someone ahem me is a delicate flower who can't get up that early without a really good reason. Waking up early was definitely a bigger evil than Mass by myself.

The kids were also able to open their treats from Grandma and Grandpa. "Wrapped" lovingly by me.




We went to Mass. Both kids were not excited about "getting dirt" on their heads. And somehow, lo and behold, Fr. Bill picked up on that subconsciously because when we got back to our seats there was like no ash to be seen.

And I was holding their hands so I know they didn't rub it off.


There's a tiny smudge by his hairline.


A slightly bigger smudge by the hairline. They loved it and were so happy!! But I got like all their extra and mine is a bit of a mess. (Which sounded like Mary Berry in my head when I typed it out.)


It's like the letter K? I don't know. We went and started Lent and that's the important part.

M got a JoJo bow and I can't get over it. They are a tad ridiculous. But I also love them. And hers is so cute and valentiney but also good for any day!


And that's all I know. Have a blessed day!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day!
    Happy Lent.
    You do motherhood right, you know?
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have to divide an conquer. I went to Mass at Sarah's school. Peter attended at his school and then Dan went in the evening to our parish. And we didn't have dinner until 8:00 so it was a long hungry day for us! Going together at 6:30 in the morning would NEVER be an option around these parts either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!