We just love the Olympics! We started getting into the Olympic spirit yesterday by making Olympic Ring cookies.
A little confession here: I just bought a tube of dough from the grocery store. Furthermore, I grabbed peanut butter cookie dough by mistake. I don't care for peanut butter so I didn't even have one but the kids seem to be happy with them. Festive food is always a good idea.
I had them sort the m&ms which is basically three-year-old math for M and good fine motor practice for both. Funny enough, they sorted them into the prep bowls that were set up almost exactly like the rings. Which makes me smile!
While our cookies cooled off we made Olympic Torches.
Good scissors practice for both! And honestly it is kind of fun to scribble on paper sometimes. The Opening Ceremony started pretty late so the kids only got to see the NBC stories of the athletes. They will watch the parade of nations and lighting of the cauldron today.
I thought it was a good opening ceremony though I don't love the Team USA gloves. I do appreciate the idea that the entire point is to showcase the waving, which is what the athletes do. But I still think they're ostentatious.
But overall, yeah it was a nice start to Pyeongchang. I am looking forward to the next two weeks of sports!!



You are such a fun Mommy!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it all.
We watched here too...
The gloves?
I felt like it was super cold, and someone said, "Go buy some gloves, quick!!!"
And that is what they came back with!!!!
Enjoy, watching. We love the skating. She watches the curling. ???
Hugs!
Steve... that should say!
DeleteThe torches are adorable! Speed skating is my favorite. We got home late from the high school basketball game and Dan and I watched a few minutes of the opening ceremony. I prefer the events to all the pomp and circumstance but I do like to watch all the athletes file in - which we missed!
ReplyDelete