Monday, February 5, 2018

Super Bowl

I was drinking a big ol' glass of denile I guess because I woke up to flurries that were sticking yesterday and I was a tad unhappy. Then we came out of church to even more snow on the ground? Admittedly it's like less than an inch. But it is supposed to snow today right at pick up time. Boo.

Anyway... Football!

We ordered our Buffalo Wild Wings early and that was a good idea because someone called in when Husband went to pick them up the wait time was 65-75 minutes. Yikes!

Husband figured out the football helmet fruit bowl and it was a big hit!!


We were just the four of us so we didn't go crazy with too much fruit like we would have for a party. But it was tasty and refreshing. We all got our servings of fruit that's for sure. We finished our dinner with some football cookies. 


They were also a hit. 

We didn't really care about who won or lost so the kids lost interest by about the time the Patriots took their first possession. They stayed up through the halftime show. I think I am the only person on the planet who just really dislikes Justin Timberlake. Like, as a person I am sure he's just fine. He seems nice on Jimmy Fallon. He seems happy with Jessica Biel and their kid. But I can't think of a single song of his that I like. But the kids liked the halftime show just fine. 

The second half. Poor Tom Brady. He looked so sad. And I genuinely believed there was no chance he could lose. I was truly shocked. I am sad football season is over but you guys THE OLYMPICS START THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!! 

This is Us was good. I don't feel like it was shocking, which is good because I don't think I could have taken a big shock. 

Yesterday was also Husband and I's dating anniversary. We've been together for 12 years! And you know what? That makes us old. Ha. No, just older. Still love him, still happy. Happy to do life with him every day. 

3 comments:

  1. Your helmet turned out great!!! And I don't love Justin Timberlake either. I only knew one of those songs he sang. Sarah kept asking when the other surprise performers were going to show up so she was really annoyed when it only turned out to be Prince on a sheet! HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    That fruit display turned out amazingly!!!!
    We were happy it was a good game...
    And sad that football is over until next season.
    But yes!
    The Olympics!
    Yay!!!!
    Have a good week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh loving the fruit football helmet!!! Also, I would love one of those cookies right now. :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!