Sunday, March 25, 2018

Snow and Palm Sunday

Saturday brought a heavy, wet, 9.6 inches of snow to our yard. And because it's spring and all that, it wasn't too cold to play in it. So we did. We went out after lunch for an hour or so. Then we went out again after dinner for an hour and a half! It was so much fun. The perk of DLS being in place was that with the brightness of the snow it was still super light out at 7:15 when we finally went in for bed. 


The first time we went out it was still snowing SO hard that we were all soaked when we came in. I put all the coats, gloves, snow pants etc in the dryer and then we were ready to play when we went back out. 

The snow was so dense that it was perfect for snow castles. And when we walked on the snow we didn't even really sink. Kind of crazy. 

I am still not super thrilled that it snowed but makin' lemonade and all that. It's in the 40s today and will be in the 50s and rainy this week so it isn't long for this world. (Hello mud puddles.) We have planned for an indoor egg hunt next weekend. 

Palm Sunday went really well and now we are playing and waiting for a call from Husband to go back to church and pick him up. He is at his RCIA retreat. After twelve years together, a conversation really early on in our relationship that I was only ever going to be Catholic, a full Catholic Mass wedding seven years ago, and a lot of prayers--he will be coming into full communion with the Catholic Church Saturday night!! 

I haven't really blogged about it because it isn't my story to tell. Every single fall since we've been together I have asked him if he was going to sign up for RCIA. But this year he was ready and he has been going every Thursday night. He is so ready for Saturday night's vigil and I am so excited for him. (Also I am excited that he will be able to sit with us for the entire Mass, while I am sure breaking open the word is important it really isn't fun to solo parent during the liturgy of the Eucharist every week.) 

It is a very special Holy Week for us and as such, our calm snowy family day yesterday was a good precursor.  

2 comments:

  1. The weather this weekend had my son asking if it was Christmas again. We had rain sleet snow rain sleet snow sleet and snow. I think in total we had about 4 inches of snow, but it resembles so much slush in most places. I am ready for spring to stay - my kids have been squirrely!
    Congratulations (and Welcome!) to your husband on his entrance into the Church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!?! Congrats to your hubby!!! Converts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!