Saturday, January 12, 2019

Snow Day Fun


Last night after our family movie night, complete with popcorn and pizza, Husband did the grocery run.


In our well-stocked house, we've spent the day snowed in. 

"Since we've no place to go..." Here's the deal, I love a good snow day. A day off from school is top notch in my book to be honest. But, if it can't cancel school, I love a snowy day where we don't have to go anywhere. 

We all bundled up and did some shoveling/snow play earlier. I took no pictures because I was shoveling. #truelife 

We've played LEGO. We've read some books. C got the A-Z Mystery Series for Christmas and I have to say that I highly recommend them! 


They aren't scary mysteries but they are a good next step after Magic Treehouse and Junie B. Jones. I have always been a fan of reading series, the connection, and familiarity of the characters is my favorite. As it turns out, C really enjoys that too. 

C, fittingly, started the C book today and got through about five chapters. But he really goes in spurts so it may be a few days before he finishes. 

For dinner, I made this chicken bake. It's really easy and really good. I don't add the red pepper flakes and I've found 1/3 c of bread crumbs is plenty but otherwise, this recipe is golden. We serve it with a vegetable and egg noodles with a little parmesan on them. And it was the perfect warm and homey dinner to cap off a snowy day! 


 

2 comments:

  1. Super Dee Duper happy I clicked over here tonight, my friend!
    I have chicken in the freezer and Greek Yogurt in the fridge!
    That looks amazing!
    And i am super impressed with your little guy's reading level!
    Those are good books.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are making this chicken tonight! Sounds sooo cozy. <3

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!