Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday Already?

I cannot believe it's Friday.

This week has been impossibly long but surprisingly not a whole lot happened. Such is the life of staying home right?

I became unbelievably invested in the house sparrows that live in my neighbors eve. That's Henrietta. Her bird husband's name is Clarence. I love them. We can see them from my kitchen table so I just spend my days watching them build their nest.


We've played a lot of Catan Junior. I love Catan and this is the best substitute. Our kids aren't quite strategic enough to play adult Catan and you need three players so Junior will have to do. Spending some one on one time with each kid for the 2 player version is good. So is playing as a family. 


Tuesday was the Queen's birthday so I threw a little tea party. But instead of tea, we had hot chocolate. And my tea party food was sourced from my pantry and not at all authentic. But they liked it anyway. 


Wednesday we went to a birthday parade for M's friend who turned 5! It was so wonderful. I am 99% sure the moms loved seeing all the kids and moms as well. (We got to go around a cul-de-sac so we really could wave to our grown-up friends and still social distance.) My heart was so so full.

Then we came home and M made her own birthday parade with her Barbies. They even decorated the cars/tractor/scooter/train/carriage. (The Barbie birthday girl is sitting by the table leg.)


I found this meme and yep. This is my life. My kids are SO loud. Even when they're happy. 


Yesterday was Husband's birthday. I threw him an obscure theme party that was easy and staying home friendly. And because I had loads of time to online shop he probably got more presents than normal. That's fine with me. I enjoy celebrating him!!


This morning M had another class zoom. I loved every second and I even took notes of the cute things they said.


This afternoon we will be saying goodbye to our friends. They will come over and we will stand social distancing length apart in the yard. We learned they were moving to Texas at the end of February, or right before the world shut down. They had always planned to stick out the school year while their dad went ahead for work at the beginning of April. But now there's no reason to stay. 

My heart is so heavy that they're leaving in the midst of a pandemic where I can't hug them goodbye and we weren't able to do "one last" anything. But thems the breaks. It's a heartbreaking ending to our chapter with them as local friends.  

And that's that. I hope you're all well! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend.
    Lots going on in your world!
    Happy Birthday to your hubs!!!!
    And lots of love to your sweeties.
    I am waiting for some birds around here, but it has been so freaking cold!!!!!
    Anyway, have a nice weekend. Although all the days are weekends anymore, right?
    Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ii love that you guys had a tea party in honor of the Queen's birthday. That is so cool! I'm sorry you can't hug your friends. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!