Monday, April 6, 2020

The Weekend

I saw a meme that said that Friday has really lost it's razzle-dazzle these days. It wasn't wrong. When every day kind of feels like every other.

Friday night's Family Movie night was quite successful. And we loved Onward. I am not usually a huge Pixar gal. (I know. But Wall-E was just so awful that I never really got past it.) But I really really enjoyed Onward!!

Saturday started off okay. I had ordered these "Paint Your Own Easter Egg Cookies" from my friend who owns a home-based cookie business. She had porch pickup and it was really great. She included the food safe paint brushes and the watercolor food coloring palettes.





It was a fun little surprise activity for the kids and then we had cookies as well! That was the highlight of Saturday. 

In full disclosure and in the interest of keeping it real, the wheels fell off the wagon Saturday afternoon/evening and none of us were our best selves. At all. The kids were screaming and crying. Husband and I were out of patience. And none of us were sad when it was bedtime. 

It all stemmed from having the kids clean their rooms. I know, worst parents ever. 

Sunday started off unfortunately much the same. We did watch Palm Sunday Mass but man, it did not go well. How lucky for those of you who got palms. Our bishop banned blessed palms. We are still one of the states without a shelter in place order. So our diocese is doing its part to keep us home. Even to pick up palms. Boo. 

But we all had a come to Jesus talk and we snapped out of our moods and had a good day. The sunshine certainly didn't hurt!! 



We went to the light show again last night. The songs for week 2 were Let It Go and a Star Wars Medley so my kids were big fans. 

And now we are attacking Monday with gusto! It's going to be a good day darn it! (Even if we do have thunderstorms!)



1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't get to get any palms. What a bummer. I'm glad things turned around for you guys on Sunday and I'm hoping by now you are well on your way to a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!