Friday, April 17, 2020

The What's Up With Us Post

Late to the blog today.

We officially will not be returning to school this year. I have a lot of grief about that. This year has been such a redeeming year for C. I will be forever grateful to his teacher and I only wish she could guide him in-person for longer. But we were so lucky to have her.

Today would have been M's spring program. I am sad she doesn't get a triumphant end to her preschool years. 

BUT, we will prevail. It's all going to be okay. It really really is.

I have a chocolate cheesecake in the oven as I type, which means tomorrow there will be dessert.

Here's a smile maker for you:



And a little homeschool update for you as well:

M had her first class zoom. Preschool zoom is as hilarious as you would expect. I loved every single second.


One of the three musketeers moved to a new house this week. (Still in town.) And today we got a text message of her room. Then one kid starting singing the "Sewing my socks" song. They made it up together the three of them. So M made it part of her work today. 


That's the three of them sewing their socks. And singing too obviously. 

Last night I had my own zoom with my small group friends. They were my last friend outing in public and my cup was just as filled by talking to them on zoom. 



In other good news, it's Friday. So it's Family Movie Night and I am excited about that. Life is good. Different. But good.

1 comment:

  1. Zoom has been a lifesaver for both my husband's and my family. We have "Happy Hours" together routinely with our siblings. As you said, it's different...but good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!