Friday, April 3, 2020

Yay!

Well, we made it to another Friday! Go us!


We have officially extended our time out of school until April 30. Which was expected on my end. The only downside of this is that our teacher cut back on the work she expects the kids to do and we are definitely not to work ahead.

I am SO sympathetic to the big families or families with two working parents because I could see how the school work for younger grades could be overwhelming. This week however with so much less to do our days have a lot more downtime. So we will need to figure out how to best schedule our day so that the kids are still learning what they need to.

I will have to come up with some sneaky school stuff. That is school work that doesn't appear to be school work, so it's not working ahead but still challenging their minds.

The best part of this time home has been getting mail! The added benefit of writing all your friends and relatives is that they write back! I was apparently Nostradamus when I started the writing letters thing on March 18 because this week, C got a letter from his teacher with a homework assignment to learn how to write a friendly letter.

For the most part, we are pretty blessed. Does the house feel especially small sometimes? Yes. Poor Husband spends the bulk of his life right now in our bedroom. Between sleep and work, he doesn't have a ton of time not in there.

I admittedly did order myself a new pair of yoga pants. My old ones are ratty and if we are going to be home until April 30 I want some comfortable but not dumpy pants.


This meme truly made me laugh so so much! Palm Sunday is going to be weird of course. No palms. No in-person Mass. But Holy Week is going to come anyway and we are going to make the best of it no matter what.

We all have our ups and downs of course. You should hear my kids whining and complaining right now about cleaning the playroom. But it's all par for the course I think and we will be okay. Tonight we will watch Onward on Disney+. I am very thankful Disney decided to release it for all of us. We had planned to see it on spring break with our friends for a special outing but that didn't happen obviously. We are all looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Friend!
    I hope you all enjoyed the movie!
    We loved it.
    And if you are wearing yoga pants, you are ahead of me!
    I shower and put on clean jammies every morning!
    Hugs form Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our church is leaving all the palms outside the door of the church. We can pick them up anytime after 6:00 pm tonight. We are planning to go by tomorrow to pick ours up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!