Friday, July 8, 2022

4th of July and Other Things

 Hello! 

In wrapping up my "catch up on all the things" mode, here is a little 4th recap. It was good. 

We typically make a 4th of July flag strawberry poke cake. But this year we tried a variation and made a strawberry lasagna. My friend had made one for a gathering and one bite in I knew M would LOVE it. She sent a piece home for both kids and they did in fact love it. I saved the recipe for the 4th though to make our own. 



It's got a Golden Oreo cookie crust layer, a cheesecakey layer, a strawberry jello layer and a straight cool whip layer. And it is delicious. (There is still some in the fridge, but I suspect there won't be tomorrow.) 

We otherwise stuck to tradition of glow sticks and Macy's fireworks on tv. No crowds, no heat, no bugs, no problems! And now the kids are insistent it's the way to go so... who am I to argue? 




You know how the Dollar Tree raised their prices? Well that extra 25 cents must have changed the glowsticks because the longevity of those things is insane. There was still one glowing last night. I didn't even know that was possible! 

In other news from the last bit here, we saw two more shows for our "Summer of Theatre." 



We started with Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I like the material. I didn't love the production and was glad I didn't have to write about it. 

Then we saw Electra. And it was good. 


Then because we were staying up late anyway, we decided it was a good night for catching fireflies. 




I'll take "Wholesome Summer Family Activities for $200 Alex" (Or Ken or Mayim these days I guess. RIP Alex!) 

Also, M "got" me this sign for my office. She said I needed it. Have you seen the Holy Spirit Activate Video? (Skip to 1:51 if you're short on time, but the whole thing is good.) 


Well we love it. And I am big into the Holy Spirit. So... the sign. Anyway I think that is officially me all caught up... Happy Friday!


2 comments:

  1. Hello there!! You do summer right, I'll tell you!!! Best Fourth Idea ever. That recipe! I shall pass that directly onto Peyton. And love the Holy Spirit. Hugs from muggy PA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect sign! Sounds like the perfect 4th of July also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!