Camp and all the excitement around that has taken up the blog news but that's not all we've been up to.
Though, seriously, please say a prayer for the situation at the campground. All the first responders.
Super weirdly, the little girl's name was Lula and her brother's name is Arlo. Which is the same as a sibling set of friends of ours, their Lula was even at camp with C!! I decided that it is so our parish community will remember their names and can pray for them. Both the souls of the three gone and Arlo who will be carrying the traumatic cross as a survivor.
We've had a long discussion about this in our family and it hurts my heart that this hit so close to home.
Before they left for camp we had some fun though.
Another show! Cinderella. (Okay, I didn't actually go with them. I saw a different show that evening.)
See, that's my show.
Then the night before they left was our night in the company suite at the ball field care of Husband's work. There occasionally are a few perks to his job. This is one of them.
That was a ton of fun and totally free which is the best kind of fun in my opinion. Dinner and snacks on the company is good, but it was also a double header so lots of game to watch.
While C was still at camp, M and I went to the art museum with a friend of hers. They had such a good time! And I really enjoyed taking them.
We had a great time picking out our favorite pieces of art in each gallery. One of the rooms was the local college's art competition and they had a guest book. This is what the kids wrote in the guest book.
"I love art, so I love you!" M, age 7
"I love art, it can bring out expression, feeling, and everything else." G, age 7.
Other than helping spell "expression" I had nothing to do with either of their entries, but aren't they the sweetest?!
Then this past weekend, it was so hot. I had written in one of C's letters that perhaps we could go see the Minion movie in the theatre when he got home. So we did exactly that.
It was actually the first post-pandemic movie for M and me. (Clearly, we aren't opposed to live theatre, or crowds, just movies haven't been on my radar just yet.)
Admittedly, my favorite part of the movie was the preview for the new Julia Roberts and George Clooney movie. It is exactly my speed! I can't wait for that. Too many butts in the Minion movie for my taste. (I just don't understand lazy humor.) But we all had a nice time!
Today is just a normal Monday. Well, we do get to pick up C's luggage and do all that stinky laundry. But besides that, a normal Monday. Work. Play. Fun.
That is so scary what happened near their camp. Yikes!! My older kids even went to see the Minion movie with friends, and said it was the best Despicable Me movie. I think their standards are low!!
ReplyDeleteHow interesting that there are two groups of siblings named Arlo and Lula. What are the odds? It sounds like you guys are continuing to make the most of this summer!!!
ReplyDelete