So I got back from MN and went to work for what was likely the most awkward work week of my life.
Because I was training someone. And I think even in the best of circumstances training someone can be a tricky thing. Especially as a legal assistant, there's a lot of different things to know and some of it you just learn going through it. But the whole process took on a different spin because I was training this person to take over my job.
And I had been gone for a week.
And she showed up at 8:00 am on the dot.
So it was weird because I was trying to reacclimate myself and dig myself out of the hole, but also say goodbye to clients and coworkers and close the chapter well. All while training my replacement.
It was a lot.
This was my view for most of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. As I sat behind new lady and tried to help her learn all the twists of my job.
Claws, Satchmo, Yes and Darlene. They're nice cats and these images brought me joy at work. Apparently even fake pets can calm people down.
But... now I have a new job. I am the Director of Faith Formation at my parish and I am really really excited about it. So you see, VBS is was the first step and will be part of my thing for the foreseeable future.
I got into my new office on Tuesday and dove right into the deep end.
I got my Holy Spirit cross. (A goodbye gift from my favorite friend boss who I no longer work for directly. Who by the way, was ever so supportive of this change! She is first and foremost a faith sister of mine.)
I got my Holy Spirit You Are Welcome Here sign.
So on a wing and prayer I enter this new journey and we will see what happens next.




Congratulations on your new job! I am so excited for you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI know that’s a big job, and an important one. I admire you for taking it on. Your parish is lucky to have you!! ❤️
ReplyDelete