So on Sunday, I dropped my kids off at camp. Total throwback to the last blog post and Sunday with this picture but it's the one I have okay?
On Monday camp posted a few pictures of my guy!
So not the most exciting pictures ever, but hey, proof he was there and was doing well! I was able to see him with my very own two eyeballs on Tuesday when I picked up M. He waved at me from the top of a hill and that was it. But again, still, I was happy because I saw him.
And then... crickets. No new pictures were posted. Not Tuesday afternoon. Not Wednesday. Not Thursday. And last night I wound up messaged the camp asking for more pictures of his section of camp since there were a ton of pictures of the older kids and none of my guy's age. In fact, while C didn't go to camp with a group of friends, there were 5 girls from his grade there and they hadn't even been in the Monday pictures!
So we were all a little frustrated and just wanted to know the kids were okay.
This morning was pick up, and Husband actually decided to come. Which turned out to be a good thing. Because we got an email that there was an emergency as we were en route. (Read the whole article. Really. It talks about camp. We even made the British news which is why I linked it.) If I had been driving I wouldn't have seen that email. And since I wasn't driving I immediately started calling and texting all my friends who were picking up kids too. There were a ton of kids from our school there this week, I ended up checking in with a bunch of other moms and wound up breaking the news to 4 of them. But we met at the new pick-up site.
The kids had absolutely no clue why there were there, the camp had them out of there within 15 minutes and did a great job. All of their luggage is still at camp. They are going to bring it down to our area this weekend.
So we had closing worship at the park and then got our boy back!!
He had a really good time and besides some bug bites is completely unharmed. And even though I wish I had more pictures of his fun, I am just so so so relieved to have him home safe that I can't even care about that right now.









Yikes!!! How scary! I'm so glad all the kids were safe and none the wiser. I hope you have recovered from the scare.
ReplyDelete