Sunday afternoon I took my sweet cherubs to camp!
They were decidedly unhappy with me for taking this picture because they just wanted to go join their cabin mates. Too bad, mom gets a picture, it's a rule.
M went with 5 other girls from school. I nearly felt bad for the other 4 girls in their cabin but these are some of the nicest kids and I knew they would include the others. They definitely did! M was even bunkmates with a little girl named Fiona.
M is so social, she could make friends with a rock so having her make some new friends wasn't a problem at all.
The camp posted this on Monday. I appreciated seeing that she was doing well!
Because M is just only going into second grade, she was only a mini camper. Like C last year. So just two nights. I picked her up yesterday and she was exhausted. But she had a lot of fun! She was so engaged with closing worship that she didn't even notice I arrived.
M is a very good sleeper, but also a very high-needs sleeper. She needs it to be dark, not too hot, and include white noise. Oh and a bed. This gal hasn't napped in years. And doesn't fall asleep in cars. She says she was awake the whole night the first night but was able to sleep the second. I actually don't doubt that's true.
Some of her friends crashed yesterday afternoon but M held on until bedtime. But the second her head hit the pillow she was done.
It's very strange. For as much as I worry about her brother, I wasn't at all worried about her. She'd probably be fine going for the full week next year but she is only able to mini camp again next year. Nevertheless, I did miss her and I liked having her back home in the nest.
I don't pick C up until Friday but I did happen to wave to him when I was there yesterday. He didn't come running over and he didn't look sad so that's about the best I could expect really. I miss him too. Hopefully, they post some pictures of him today!






Oh! She is so precious! And I hope you two have some fun time together !
ReplyDelete